Frequently Asked Questions
Wait times vary depending on traffic, weather and school schedules, but on average, Monday – Thursdays are typically less than a 30 min wait. Friday – Sunday average wait times are one hour. Make the most of your family time together, pick up dinner and enjoy holiday music on 104.1 EZ FM.
Special Directions for Oversized Vehicles
- Stay in the middle of the road when going under arches.
- Do not park along the route or allow passengers to touch
- Bus/Limo parallel parking available at the Wish Shop.
- Stage Right at the Hard Left Sign after the Grinch Displays
- Stage Left for a Right Turn after the Green Electric Tunnel
- 18 passenger+ or 35’+ vehicles must use the cut
through after passing the Wish Shop.
Adventureland’s parking lots will be available for free parking.
The Wish Shop will be open during Tour de Lights. Cocoa and cookies will be served inside. Santa will not be arriving until the first night of Jolly Holiday Lights.
Dogs are only allowed on leashes. They are not allowed inside.
No, many participants do not come in costume.
- 1.5 miles the Adventureland Campground.
Yes. They are $10.00. T-shirts can be ordered online until Nov. 1st. After the 1st t-shirts are not guaranteed.
- Yes, but there may not be t-shirts still available if you don’t pre-register and pre-pay.
- Pre-register by Sept 17th for $15.00. Registration after is $20.00
- Saturday, November 23
- Lights open at 5:30 PM
- Participants may begin checking in at 4:30 p.m. at the Palace Theatre
- We will turn off Jolly Holiday Lights at 8 PM!
About 1 – 1 ½ hours for the reception, then a trip through the light displays.
Children are most welcome to attend
Prairie Meadows: Skinner Ballroom
The VIP Lighting Party is the first peek at Jolly Holiday Lights and our opportunity to thank our display sponsors. If you purchase a display sponsorship you’ll receive an invite. No ticket is necessary, we ask that you RSVP and your name will be on the guest list.
Friday, November 22 at 6 PM program at 7 PM
View open shifts on our volunteer sign up page. You must volunteer as part of a group of 8-10 for the Wish Shop.
Volunteers are still needed with set-up and tear down. Please email Natalie for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org
Lost items may be claimed at the front desk at Adventureland Inn.
No. Jolly Holiday Lights will be closed Christmas and Christmas Eve. We are pleased to give our volunteers, wish families, and staff time to enjoy the holiday with family and friends.
Tickets will be available November 1st at area Hy-Vee’s and Casey’s. You may also purchase tickets from the Make-A-Wish® Iowa office, or online through Tikly. Tickets are also available at the front entrance. Bus and limo advanced tickets are only available online. Purchase tickets online HERE
No vehicles or trailers taller than 14’
Our ticket price into Jolly Holiday Lights reflects the rising costs of wishes. Because of those that attend Jolly Holiday Lights we are able to transform lives, of children with critical illnesses.
- $20 per car (tickets may be purchased at any ticket outlet, online or at the gate)
- $40.00 per Limos and mini bus (tickets may only be purchased online or at the gate)
- Pricing is for vehicles with a capacity of 25 passengers or less.
- $70 per bus (chartered bus) (tickets may only be purchased online or at the gate)
Pricing is for vehicles with a capacity of more than 25 passengers.
To inquire about a light display email us at: email@example.com
Make-A-Wish® Iowa requests a donation of $100.00. We ask that you do not impede traffic and utilize a parking lot at either the restrooms on the route or the Wish Shop.
Both the lights and Wish Shop are open nightly from 5:30 PM – 10:00 PM. The Wish Shop is only open through Dec. 23rd.
Friday, November 29 – Monday, Dec. 30. Closed Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
The Wish Shop is open Nov. 29th – Dec. 23rd.
All guests will enter through Adventureland Park’s main entrance off of Adventureland Dr. 3300 Adventureland Dr. Altoona, IA 50009